I just went out for a bag of chips and when I came back three years later…


Get us a portion of chips pleas Joanne. Posted by Picasa
The Bistro 2006

Well, it was as if I hadn’t left. The only the thing that had change were the regulars. The old regulars were still there and the new regulars were the sorts of punters I would never have let in the door.

Amongst the staff were the people who had never left, Sue is still in the kitchen, Janet is still the manager and Ronnie, although I missed him, is still behind the bar. Kirsty is back behind the bar, wee David is a new addition to the bar staff, Joanne is in the kitchen and Pat has been promoted to Kitchen Toto. The downstairs now has the added attraction of a pool table and a football machine, which Joanne a) suggested I would never have agreed to (correct) and b) it didn’t have any effect on the numbers of regulars who remained regulars.


Still crazy after all these years

All of the characteristic pictures have been taken down and Janet told me that the rather marvellous photograph of Bistro founding father – Mr Barnton Senior – was damaged irrevocably by water and damp. The roof still leaks above the stairs too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog