Someone called me about three four months ago, and asked me how much I wanted for the pix of Jack McConnell reading the Beano. I quoted him a three figure sum - fairly reasonable I thought and he said he would call back...

Guess I can stop holding my breath.
So how does one get a photo of Jack McConnell, The First Minister or whatever is the odd name for the Scottish Prime Minister holding the Beano? Well this was one of the earliest photos I ever took for the Stirling News, back in 1987 or 1988 and that was when Jack was just Chair or vice chair of Leisure and Recreation so he had to be in all the photies. I think Eddie was the Chair at that time or it might have been John Hendry. Basically if you were an office bearer in L&R at Stirling District Council in those days you would be in at least five press releases per week minimum. So Jack was there with the big L&R Playbus and I managed to prize a Beano off one of the kids - no actually I took my own copy of the Beano just to be sure.
The editor loved it.
Not too sure about Jack though.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog