To Bot, or not to bot. That is the question. Whether it is noble in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous bottery...
It appears that my blog has been featured on some blog that looks at other blogs and therefore I am in some small way, almost totally Andy Warholled. I guess that the Booker Prize is not too far off, provided they actually get around to awarding prizes for mindless rambling.

When I read the email, I have to admit that it does read as if written by a bot and the mention of my other web site - well that read as if it had been written by a bot too. Now pardon me if I am a cynical journalist (official) but I really wasn't impressed by any of it. I have a photo montage created by Chris Struthers from Merit magazine (-it's the last image) and the slogan from JFK's desk, but the review-bot seemed to think that this was a reference to space travel rather than the great mystery of the Lord's Creation. Hmmm.

The message about my other blog read as if it had been constructed by a bot too.
In fact, close inspection of the site reveals that it is all botted up to the max, it uses your birthday as a profiler and then parses a lot of crap using elements from the blogs ( I have removed the links from the quote below.)

Colin turns a mysterious age but does have an interesting photoblog/journal about his life, not to mention his mangablog which is just as interesting (if you are into manga). Although no pictures are provided, if Colin has some talent then perhaps he should enter the National Novel Writing Competion (in November) and show off his talents to the world (last year's participants can be seen here).

Of course using bots to flannel me up is effective for about four seconds, or almost as soon as I read the ying tong version of English. I am now very tempted to change my birthday to sometime next week and I will add a year such as 1849 or perhaps even 1492 to see if the bot says that I am as old as America.

Only a moronic parsing machine would say Zarkanian Thermatodes are interesting (if you are interested in Zarkanian Thermatodes). Well I am reasonably interested in lots of things that I don't rate amongst my interest - its all whimsy.

And whether or not I have talent has no bearing on any impulse I might experience to take part on the collection of amateur writing mentioned.

The worst scenario of all would be that the quote above was actually written by a Huming Bean! I guess they must have had previous employment as the real life version of Harry Enfields "You don't want to do that, you don't."
So too sum up for dafts bots. Just because a blog has some photos in sequence doesn't make it a photoblog. And just because a blog mentions a type of novel (an almost invented genre) it doesn't make it that sort of thing. And just because the dumbbot discovers activating words (in this case novel, writing ad infinitum) it doesn't mean that the blogger wants to enter the blog equivalent of the WRVS Baking Competition at the annual summer gala in Kippen.
Got that bot? Not!
So bot off Hidden Nook and your daft bots.

And you don't want to do that. Honest.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog