The unanswered phone.
I guess I only really noticed the ringing phone about two days ago. It was then I realised that our downstairs neighbours did not have an annoyingly regular unanswered phone call in the morning and in the early evening.
I suddenly struck me that it was my upstairs neighbours phone ringing and just to be sure, I went upstairs to listen. Sure enough it was ringing, just like it has been for the past ten days.

My neighbours are on holiday in Thailand and I was sure that they were hillwalking types and wouldn't be anywhere near the beaches, but then I remembered something Susi said they had told her. That they hoped to spend their first Christmas on the Beach. With luck they meant German Christmas - which would have been Friday 24th. They were supposed to have gone for six weeks so I'm not sure when they are scheduled to return.

The neighbours above them have been leaving the mail on their doormat so I guess and hope they know something we don't.

But meanwhile, the phone continues to ring at least twice a day, morning and evening.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog